Updated: Feb 2, 2022
Why does your weight change throughout the day?
Consistency matters otherwise you’ll drive yourself crazy 😜 😝
Be consistent when you weigh yourself.
Your lowest weight of the day will be after you wake up and empty your bladder. You may choose to weigh yourself at another time of day, but you must continue to weigh yourself at that time on the same scale for an accurate measurement. ⚖️
Daily weight fluctuation is normal. The average adult’s weight fluctuates up to 3kg per day. THREE KILOGRAMS!!
It all comes down to what and when you eat, drink, exercise, and even sleep.
All of these things influence weight fluctuation across the day:
1. Food or water intake - 3 liters is optimum for supporting the bodies digestive system.
2. Type of food - high sodium and carb foods cause water retention
3. All food and drinks have some weight eg. healthy foods 🥦 and water pass through your body quickly, so eating a balanced diet can mean less fluctuation. Foods high in carbohydrates, sodium, and fat 🧁 take longer to process and expel through waste. So you will weigh heavier after eating the longer to process foods.
4. The resulting urine and stool also have weight - your body uses foods and fluids for hydration and energy. After it’s successfully cleaned the nourishment it needs from these sources, the leftovers such as mucus, sweat, urine, and stool all have some weight and whether or not you have expelled these will influence your weight at the time.
5. Exercise 🏋️♀️
6. Menstrual cycle - For us ladies we have to cope with our hormones
7. Alcohol intake 🍾
8. Junk foods and takeaways. 🍟🍔🧁
9. Not eating enough of the right foods. 🥬🍗🍏🥦
All of these things will affect weight loss￼￼.
Get Customized Diet and Workout plans
Email me firstname.lastname@example.org